SEO and SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN| THE NEW YORK TIMES (NEW YORK, NY) | JUNE 2018 - PRESENT
- Optimize articles, headlines and URLs for search using Google Trends and Analytics.
- Create internal reports across desks for best practices on social media and search.
- Track competitor’s using SEMrush and similar softwares.
- Enhance reader engagement on nytimes.com through intentional article links.
- Create copy for New York Times branded Instagram accounts and newsletters.
EDITOR IN CHIEF | THE UNDERGROUND (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | FALL 2015 - PRESENT
- Serves at The Underground's first editor in chief and co-founder.
- Oversee a staff of 30 editors, writers, marketing, and brand team members.
- Write, edit, and take photos of on and off-campus events.
- Hold weekly editors and staff meetings.
- Manage all social Underground social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Apple News)
INTERN | ROAR LIONS ROAR (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | SPRING 2017 - FALL 2017
- Write weekly content for the blog on various aspects of Penn State Athletics.
- Attend games, practices, and press conferences for Penn State Athletic teams.
- Take photos and videos of games, practices, and press conferences.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN | AXIOS (Arlington, VA) | June 2017 - AUGUST 2017
- Conducted Daily and weekly analytics reports.
- Covered and posted breaking news on all platforms.
- Pitched and wrote social media articles
- Ran day-to-day operations on the AXIOS Science Facebook Page
- Increased week over week fan growth by 193% (10k to 30k)
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN | PENN STATE DIVISION OF DEVELOPMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | SPRING 2017
- Work with supervisor to manage the marketing of Penn State's crowdfunding platform, Let's Grow State.
- Work with strategic communication staff to create social media graphics to market the crowdfunding platform.
- Brainstorm, create, and execute marketing strategies for college student use of the crowdfunding platform.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN| PENN STATE ATHLETICS (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | FALL 2015 - SPRING 2017
- Work in-office creating engaging tweets for Penn State Athletics Social Media accounts.
- Work in-game with Sports Information Directors across Penn State Athletic programs updating scores for social media, take photographs for @GoPSUSports social media accounts, create game infographics and provided an engaging experience for those in attendance through social media activations.
- Revitalized the Penn State @StudentCentral account and grew engagement, followers, and impressions by over 10%.
MARKETING INTERN| BLUE WHITE TV (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | FALL 2016 - SPRING 2017
- Assist in recruiting new membership sign-ups to Blue White TV.
- Create graphics and take photos of Blue White TV events and assist with media relations.
- Plan and implement marketing events.
PUBLIC RELATIONS CHAIR | PENN STATE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION FASTSTART PROGRAM (UNIVERSITY PARK, PA) | FALL 2015 - PRESENT
- Manage all social media platforms for the Penn State Alumni Association’s first year alumni/staff mentoring program.
- Manage and upkeep FastStart website, photograph and create graphics for all events.
- Coordinate with Alumni Association staff on direction of program and handle all media requests.
COMMUNICATIONS INTERN | PENNSYLVANIA SEA GRANT (CHESETER, PA) | SPRING 2016 –Summer 2016
- Worked with Sea Grant staff and partners on the Chester green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) project.
- Assisted with promotional writing, workshops and public relations to support the project
- Created a social media plan for both Facebook and Twitter to be implemented in Summer 2016.
GAME DAY OPS VOLUNTEER | PHILADELPHIA, PA (CHESTER, PA) | OCTOBER 2011 - SPRING 2015
- Head Photo Field Marshall – supervise photographers during the match and lead a team of photo marshals.
- Press Box Runner – distribute and copy game day statistics to the media.
Freelance Writer | June 2013 - present
- Major League Soccer Writing
- Rise Magazine Writing
- The Underground Writing
- Lion’s Pride – Penn State Sports Blog Writing
- The Sports Quotient Writing
- Women United FC Writing
- Ask PSU Writing
Certifications and Skills
- Hootsuite Platform Certification
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Premiere
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Analytics
- Google Analytics and Google AdSense Proficient
- John Curley Center for Sports Journalism Certificate
Organizations & Accolades
- National Association of Black Journalists, Member
- Ida B. Wells Society for Investigative Journalism, Member
- Online News Association, Member
- Association of Women in Sports Media, Member
- Georgetown Law Social Justice Fellow
- Chapel Executive Internship Program Recipient
- Paul Robeson Social Justice Award